Aloha, and welcome to Art Maui 2019. This page shows key registration dates, along with options for registration, and tips on how to save time during Receiving Day. We’ve included a statement about what we do with the information in your Registration Form.
Key Registration dates for Art Maui 2019
- January 7 (Monday): Online registration opens at 12 noon.
- February 13 (Wednesday): Deadline for receipt of applications for installations. Payment must be received with applications.
- February 18 (Monday): Online registration ends at 12 noon.
- February 19 (Tuesday): Deadline for receipt of entries from Lana’i and Moloka’i.
- February 22 (Friday): Receiving Day at the MACC, 9am to 5pm.
How to save time checking in on Receiving Day
Typically, around 400 artists submit work each year. If you want to check in quickly instead of standing in lines, your best bet is to register and pay online in advance. In addition, you can pay by credit card or Payal online. We don’t accept credit cards on Receiving Day.
Here are the registration options for Art Maui 2019.
- The most expedient method is to preregister and prepay online. Then, on Receiving Day, go directly to the EXPRESS line where you will pick up and sign your application, and receive the labels to attach to your artwork before turning it in.
- The second quickest method is to preregister online, and pay on Receiving Day. By doing this you eliminate going through the computer line to register. On Receiving Day go directly to the CASHIER line to pay your entry fee (cash or check only), pick up and sign your application, and receive the labels to attach to your artwork before turning it in.
- The slowest method is onsite registration and payment on Receiving Day. If you are unable to preregister, you can either download a registration form or pick one up on Receiving Day. Fill this out and proceed to the computer registration table. You will then go through the CASHIER line to pay your entry fee (cash or check only) and sign your application. You’ll receive the labels to attach to your artwork before turning it in. Give yourself plenty of time for registration if you choose this method.
What happens on Receiving Day
If you preregister online, your registration form will already be printed and waiting for you to sign at either the Express line (if prepaid) or Cashier line (not prepaid). If you need to make changes, they can be done that day at the computer registration table.
You will verify and sign a printed form filled in with the information you provide at registration. Your signature certifies that you understand the Conditions for entering art work into Art Maui 2019, and that you meet those conditions. You may be asked for identification and proof of residency (Hawaii driver’s license or ID; lease agreement; utility bill, etc.). We keep the signed entry form and give you a copy as a receipt. You will need this receipt to pick up your work after jurying or at the end of the show.
At the bottom of the form are labels which you attach to the top right corner of the back of your work. Turn in the labeled work to one of the Receiving Day volunteers, who will bring it into the gallery. Artists are not allowed inside the gallery on Receiving Day.
Required information and how it is used
The registration form provides us with information about you and your entries. Your name, address, at least one phone number, and information about your first piece are required information. Your name, together with the information about your entries, will be used in Art Maui materials should your work be selected by the juror for exhibition. Your telephone number is required in case we need to contact you for any reason about your entry. Although not required, we would also like you to provide a second phone number if you have one. Your email address will be used to send updates during the course of the show, and the announcement about next year’s show. Your mailing address is kept on file in the event our e-mailings do not reach you, and to send a postcard announcing the next year’s show dates. If your work is accepted, and you provide your website address, we’ll link to your website from the Art Maui website.