The Art Maui Board Presents the 41st Annual Art Maui Exhibition to the Public from March 3-30, 2019 at the Schaefer International Gallery, Maui Arts & Cultural Center (MACC).
Kahului, Maui, HI: The Art Maui Board is pleased to announce the dates for its 41st Art Maui Exhibition. Since its inception in1979, Art Maui has grown into one of the most prestigious art exhibitions in the state of Hawaii. The exhibit features new works by Maui artists in a wide variety of media including sculpture, painting, video, jewelry, photography, ceramics, quilting,woodworking and more.
Here’s what’s new for Art Maui 2019:
- This year’s juror is Lisa A. Yoshihara the Transit Arts Program Administrator at the Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation. For over 20 years Yoshihara was curator of the Art in Public Places program at the Hawai‘i State Foundation on Culture and the Arts and she was the founding director of the Hawai‘i State Art Museum.
- The Art Maui Symposium, Tools for Success: Showing Your Art in Hawaii, is on Sunday January 13, 2019 from 2-4 pm at the Alexa Higashi Meeting Room at the MACC
- Online Registration at artmaui.com from January 7 to February 18, at noon
Installation applications must be received by February 13.
- Receiving Day is Friday, February 22 from 9am to 5pm at Schaefer International Gallery, MACC
- This year’s featured image, “Sky”by Marianne Lowry, is the Publicity Artist Award Winner selected by the Art Maui Board from the 2018 exhibition.
- Art Maui is sponsoring (4) $2000 awards as part of its Annual High School Scholarship Awards Program:
Visit artmaui.com for updated information and important dates.
Beyond the tradition of showcasing the best multi-media work by Maui’s artists by exhibition, the nonprofit Art Maui organization strives to promote, encourage and recognize excellence in the visual arts.
Art Maui sponsors a scholarship program for local high school students pursuing their further education.
The Schaefer International Gallery at Maui Arts & Cultural Center (MACC)
For over twenty years, the MACC has been the most comprehensive, multi-disciplinary arts facility in Hawaii. The Schaefer International Gallery is the MACC’s museum-quality exhibition space for visual arts. Gallery exhibits celebrate the broad spectrum human experience by presenting a broad view of cultures, places and people, and present important issues and ideas of our time. Visit mauiarts.org for more information
Contact: Rose Potter, Publicity Chair at 808-214-7475 or firstname.lastname@example.org