- Entrants must be current residents of Maui County, eighteen years of age or older.
- All Art Maui entries must be original and have been created within the last two years independently and without supervision. Works executed in a workshop under another artist’s supervision are not eligible.
- Works may not have been exhibited in any venue in Maui County. If any number within an edition has been shown, no other duplicate piece within the edition may be entered.
PREPARATION OF ENTRIES
- All entries must be finished and ready for display.
- No wet works will be accepted.
- No varnishing or touch-up after submission.
- Two-dimensional work must be properly framed, mounted and wired. Wires only, no “saw tooth” hangers.
- Wrapped canvas is permitted on paintings provided the edges are painted.
- Multi-panel works will be juried as one piece.
- Art with audio must have volume control.
- Electronic/digital artworks must be completely operational with the flick of a switch or be “plug and play” ready. Artists are responsible for any peripheral devices needed for their art installation (e.g., electrical cords, tape, etc.) and must be available to aid with moving the art during the installation process should it be accepted.
- Heavy sculpture works must be delivered on a dolly to facilitate moving during jurying.
Giclees and other reproduction methods will only be accepted for two-dimensional artwork like photography or computer generated art that requires printing to complete and present the finished piece. No reproductions of any original artworks or any 3D art will be allowed.
Art Maui assumes no responsibility for live plants submitted as part of a work. Artist must maintain any plants throughout the exhibit.
- If these criteria are not met, your piece may be disqualified before jurying with no refund.
- Artists may submit a total of two works, cost per entry is $20.00. Works will be juried by an independent juror, and the decision of the juror is final. There are no refunds of the entry fee(s).
- Art Maui and juror reserve the right to refuse works difficult to exhibit due to excessive size, weight, or difficulty in presentation. If in doubt, contact Art Maui prior to submitting.
- Artists are responsible for delivery and pick-up of their work. Works must be taken directly to and from the Art Maui receiving area. Displaying work elsewhere on MACC property is not allowed.
- Artists are responsible for shipping of all sold work.
- Accepted artists are to be responsible for sitting one four-hour shift during the exhibit or contributing in some way as a volunteer to Art Maui 2009.
- All artists must sign the liability release.
- Late fees ($5 per day) will be charged for non-selected works left after Sunday, February 28th, and for exhibited works after the final pick-up date of Saturday, April 3rd.
- Art Maui’s commission is 50% of the sale price. It is suggested that all art be for sale with the artist’s price reflecting the fair market value of his or her work.
- Art Maui will collect General Excise Tax of 4.166% on the sale price for all works sold during the exhibition. Any other tax liabilities, to include any other excise tax liabilities, are solely the responsibility of the artist
- Art Maui will encourage the purchase of works by the general public throughout the exhibition, including the private Purchase Pledge Preview Event prior to the public opening.
- The State Foundation on Culture and the Arts will also consider purchases from the Art Maui 2010 exhibition.