- Entrants must be current residents of Maui County, eighteen years of age or older.
- All Art Maui entries must be original and have been created within the last two years independently and without supervision.
- Works may not have been exhibited in any venue in Maui County. If any number within an edition has been shown, no other duplicate piece within the edition may be entered.
PREPARATION OF ENTRIES
- All entries must be finished and ready for display.
- No wet works will be accepted.
- No varnishing or touch-up after submission.
- Two-dimensional work must be properly framed, mounted and wired. Wires only, no “saw tooth” hangers.
- Wrapped canvas is permitted on paintings provided the edges are painted.
- Multi-panel diptychs and triptychs will be juried as one piece.
- Art with audio must have volume control.
- Electronic/digital artworks must have an operating manual submitted with the work AND an extension cord.
- Heavy sculpture works must be delivered on a dolly to facilitate moving during jurying.
- Art Maui assumes no responsibility for live plants submitted as part of a work. Artist must maintain any plants throughout the exhibit.
- Artists may submit a total of two works, cost per entry is $12.00 ($2 goes to the Art Maui Scholarship Program). Works will be juried by an independent juror, and the decision of the juror is final.
- Art Maui and juror reserve the right to refuse works difficult to exhibit due to excessive size, weight, or difficulty in presentation. If in doubt, contact Art Maui prior to submitting.
- Artists are responsible for delivery and pick-up of their work. Works must be taken directly to and from the Art Maui receiving area. Displaying work elsewhere on MACC property is not allowed.
- Artists are responsible for shipping of all sold work.
- Accepted artists are to be responsible for sitting one four-hour shift during the exhibit or contributing in some way as a volunteer to Art Maui 2008.
- All artists must sign the liability release.
- Late fees will be charged for non-selected works left after February 23rd, and for exhibited works after the final pick-up date of April 7, 2008.
- Art Maui’s commission is 40% of the sale price. It is suggested that all art be for sale with the artist’s price reflecting the fair market value of his or her work.
- Art Maui will collect General Excise Tax of 4.166% on the sale price for all works sold during the exhibition. Any other tax liabilities, to include any other excise tax liabilities, are solely the responsibility of the artist
- Art Maui will encourage the purchase of works by the general public throughout the exhibition, including the private Purchase Pledge Preview Party prior to the public opening.
- The State Foundation on Culture and the Arts will also consider purchases from the Art Maui 2008 exhibition.